our Clara Shirt Dress comes with a few advantages.
#wooland or #woolandlocation to be featured.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I love the dress. I'm several weeks into my 100 day challenge and this is what I've discovered about the dress.
1. The style - I get alot of compliments on how flattering it is, what a classic look, etc.
2. Comfortable, even though it's woven.
3. Works for almost everywhere I get to go these days - Office, university classroom, walking across campus.
4. Odor control - I've only noticed it starting to smell bad once and I only wash it about 1/week.
5. Pockets!!!!!! Two breast pockets, and two wonderful hip pockets - deep and roomy, yet hidden because of the generous cut at the bottom
I'm not a fan of...
1. The color (black) - I chose the black dress because I couldn't see myself wearing the wine or teal every day for 100 days with the accessories I have in my closet. I'm more of an earth-tone girl and wearing black day in and day out is wearing on me. Yes, I put a cardigan, vest, sweater or shirt over it; yes, you'll find a turtleneck or t-shirt layered under it, sometimes you'll see it tucked into pants, and I've even thrown a skirt over it, but it needs to be offered in MANY MORE Colors - which is true of all the dresses except the Rowena (which could still stand a brown option or two). How about a wonderful Chocolate Brown, or Tan? Wish I had gone with the teal - I think I could have made it work!
2. Static cling - even with a dryer sheet in each pocket and a rub down before I wear it, it clings to leggings, hose, and tights something fierce!
3. Lint - it attracts and shows every bit of lint, pet hair, wool fiber from sweaters.
4. Don't like the string/tie belt - but it looks great with a regular belt, skinny (about 1", medium 2.5", and extra-wide 4") - in fact one of the little yarn loops broke less than a week into my journey.
I previously had the Rowena dress which I sized down to find the best fit, for the Clara I went with my actual size and the XL was perfect. The fabric is smooth and feels high quality. The cut works nicely for me when I add a belt, I like the look better with a belt than the tie that comes with it. The pockets are deep and sturdy. I typically have my iPhone 8+, some chapstick, and a pen in my pockets at any given point in time and they don't feel too full. I like the neckline, it feels more versatile to me than my previous dress. It does show lint/pet hair pretty easily, so I always keep a lint roller around. Great dress for everyday at work.
I like an easy fit and it fits great. The workmanship is really nice and so is the fabric. I like the durability of wool and have several of your garments. When it gets warmer here I’ll wear it . With footless tights.
The only body part I dislike about myself is my fat upper arms because they keep me from fitting into clothes that would otherwise fit great and this dress fell victim to that as well. I sent it back and am looking forward to trying another style. I am reluctant to go up a size since otherwise the fit was great, but maybe I will try another dress that might have some stretch ie one that isn’t full merino. A lot is out of stock right now, so we’ll see.
Thanks for your feedback. We hope you find another dress you love!
Loved the color and the feel of the wool fabric. However, the look was just too sloppy on me for my taste. I'm an hourglass shape, and the lack of tailoring through the middle of the dress meant that it made me look even bigger than I am. It's possible that the dress was also just too big. The dress currently isn't available in medium, so I can't try it to see if a smaller size would look less sloppy without being tight in the wrong places. I have other shirt dresses that are fairly flattering on me, but they are more tailored between the bust and the hips.
Ordered a medium initially but the order was canceled/ unfulfilled and promptly refunded. Then, I ordered a large, just to see if it would work for the 100 day challenge. It was just too big.
Pros: The fabric is so soft! The teal color is really gorgeous. Return was
easy, return label came with the dress.
Cons: it was too big in the armpits, sleeve length and waist.
I would love to order the medium after I complete the 100 day challenge.
I love a fitted waist so was excited to try this dress for the 100 day dress challenge. The fabric is soft, the color was great, I liked the little fabric belt. I have full hips however, so while the large fit my hips well, the top of the dress was far too roomy with the shoulders well off to the sides. Sizing down to a medium would probably correct the issues up top, however, the skirt would then be too narrow for my frame.
Have returned it and ordered the Ellie to try instead! Hoping the hips will be more forgiving.
I debated getting the Rowena or the Clara for my challenge but ultimately went with Clara and I'm very happy with my choice! The deciding factor was that Clara was 100% merino wool. I ordered a L according to my hip size and that worked out well. I did think the dress was a little short-waisted if I used the belt loops, but I just put my belts at my natural waist and didn't use the loops. Also if I were still in the workforce, I would not have been able to wear this dress to work as a dress. It would have worked all right with pants.
I'm on my day 23 and I'm in love with my Clara dress.
I love the fabric. It feels luxurious. It's warm but not overwarm. In cold days I wear a base layer underneath. I love that it's woven so it keeps its shape and the drape is very flattering.
Clara dress in M fits me so nicely. My usual size is something in between M and L because of my bra size. There is still some room in the dress. Using the belt creates a nice body curve.
I'm seriously concidering ordering another Clara dress in teal colourway when I finish 100 day challenge.
I have this in the deep teal (handy over Christmas!) and am enjoying how little I need to do to feel put together. I wear it over jeans or leggings mostly, and mostly without a belt too. Occasionally I wear it as a shirt (tucking it into my bra or just folding it up), but it suits my lifestyle especially well, as I’ve only washed it twice in spite of being a food-stain magnet! Spot cleaning and airing overnight is all it needs. Very very happy with it.